Question
Posted by: carol-ann | 2005/07/26

pls help

hi i have high blood preasure and there is something wrong with my heart what kinds of food can i eat please hel its urgent

Dear Carol-Ann
Seeing that you have a complex set of conditions, I would strongly urge you to consult a clinical dietitian (check the List of Dietitians on this Website or phone 082-593-0276 or send an e-mail to sscharf@nhcltd.com or look in your local telephone directory or Yellow Pages, to find a dietitian in your area). The dietitian will help you to work out a diet that helps for the hypertension, the heart problem and takes factors such as your medications into account. In the meanwhile click on 'Food as medicine' and 'Hypertension' and get a copy of the DASH Diet which was developed in the USA to lower bp.