Question
Posted by: :-) | 2004/02/06

Pls Advise - BB Issues.

Hi Conrad.

I am a 25 years old (male) and have a few questions to ask you!

1st of all, I bought the BFL book about 2 years ago and gave Bill's program a go! i was weighing +- 105kg and after 2.5 months had dropped to 89kg! Yes i was 100% stronger but i was thin and didn't have the big arms and peck's that i thought i would have! I don't have a small frame so didn't expect to shrink the way i did, many of my friends actually said i was looking rather pale!

Would the reason for loosing so much weight / looking pale be from doing to much Cardio or not having enough quality Carbs etc...

Then there's something else that has always bugged me, after i stopped then restarted the BFL program due to a shoulder injury (bench press) i didn't follow the BFL program, instead of breaking my workouts into 2 upper & lower body workouts, i was doing 1 body part per day, chest on Mondays, back on Tuesdays etc... then Cardio every second day after each workout!

Which do you think is better! Which would i see faster results?

Last question! Who would u recommended that i see for a proper body building workout / nutrition plan for my height & frame! so that i can get the best results!

Many Thanks

Expert ImageBodybuilding

:-),

First of all congratulations on the results that you achieved on BFL!!!

I assume that what you primarily achieved was toning and weight/fat loss in stead of muscle building. If you want to rectify that you need to do a proper body building program as you have already mentioned you are intending on doing.

As for looking pale, I am really not sure what the exact cause could be. I doubt it is as a result of cardio or low carbs. I would suggest that you consult a doctor and see what they have to say.

Re: the two program types you have mentioned above-I would suggest you do a day1, 2 and 3 workout program. What this means is that you have a day 1 (Chest, Triceps, Shoulders) on Mondays and Thursdays, a day 2 (Biceps, Back, and Legs) on Tuesdays and Fridays and a day 3 (Cardio and Abs) on Wednesdays and Saturdays during the week.

For a proper body building program consult either a Biokineticist or a Registered Personal Trainer at a gym. When picking a Personal Trainer just ensure that you choose someone who actually looks like they know what they are talking about. For an eating plan consult a Dietician or a Sports Nutritionist.

Keep well,

Conrad Booysen-Biokineticist