Question
Posted by: Lara | 2005/12/09

Pls Advise

I have about 40kg's to lose. I weight 96kg and need to weight 60kg.
I have tried xenicle,duromine,chromium picolinate, sureslim,weightless and every other diet you can think of!
I have so much to lose is there anyone out there that can help me.
My thyroid is fine....please help!

Dear Lara
If you have such a large amount of weight to lose and not even Xenical has been able to make a difference then I would suggest that you consider having a gastric bypass. At the First Regional Obesity Congress held in SA a number of speakers presented papers which showed that gastric bypass surgery is an option in patients who cannot lose weight in any other way. Ask your dr to refer you to a surgeon in your are that does these ops.