Question
Posted by: Need to Know | 2004/02/18

Pleurisy

What is Pleurisy?

I have a friend who is a hypocondriac, and she believes that she has Pleurisy. There hasnt been a day that has gone by where she hasnt got either a head ach, tooth ach, back pain, mensstural pain, spastic colon, anemia, insomnia or depression. Her house is like a chemist. She has tablets for motion sickness, flu, colds, runny tummy, constipation, dehydration, anidepressants, sleeping tablets, the list goes on and on.

I just need clarity on Pleurisy, so that I can challenge her. She is not interested in what a docter has to say, she seems to diagnose herself.

NTK, pleurisy is inflammation/infection of the pleura (the sack around the lung) and it’s not dangerous and will clear up by itself. The main symptom is pain when you inhale and the treatment is to take anti-inflammatories. Good luck.