Question
Posted by: lost | 2004/03/12

plesae help

i'm 21 yrs and have been in varsity for 4yrs.i dcide last year to change my degree from ageneral science degree to pharmacy.i worked really hard to get into pharmacy and i did it.it was a major achievement.now that i am in i have to start all over again as a first year student.i am feelin very depressed becoz its going to take 3more years b4 i start earnin a pay check.my family right now is in finanicial constriants and feel resp. bcoz by now i should b proving for them.should i leave my dream and start workin for min. wage or should i continue?i feel that i wasted soo much time already!!plz help?

Dear lost,
Go for your dreams. If yo give them up now, you could for such a long time regret it and wonder what might have happened. Explore other possibilities. Maybe you can get a part-time job to help out --- maybe even in a pharmacy ( at my local pharmacy, I have often met good bright pharmacy students working there, and they're gaining valuable experience that helps in their studies, useful money and confidence. And in the end, you could make a brilliant pharmacist --- in any job or profession, the people who are fulfilling a dream rather than "just doing a job" stand out and succeed.

2
Posted by: Soul | 2004/03/12

Hi Lost

Very few people in life get to choose a dream and follow it.
I understand that you feel like your in a slump but pick yourself up out of it and follow your dream. If you don't one day you'll wake up and kick yourself for not doing it.
Your folks only want whats best for you and I guaretee they are very proud of you, then will also reap then benefits of it once you have your dream.

Go for it don't hold yourself back.

Take Care
Soul

Reply to Soul
Posted by: Sean | 2004/03/12

Dear Lost,

You made a choice so stick to it.. fulfill your dreams. If pharmacy is really what U want to do then study hard & get good results.

I am sure if you ace your exams you will gets discounts on fees.(that was the story when I was studying).
Anyway you need to talk to you folks a let them know that this is really what U want to do & give it you best shot. Also varsity is not the whole year- U need to become abit independant, like get a part time job to suppliment the income/or to contribute to your fees. Help alot around the house.. in simple just do your bit & a bit more.
Also how old are you siblings... are they ready for varsity as well... have U tried applying for a bursary anor study loan if things are really tight? Remember you are going to have study hard & prove your worth..

All parents would never ever wanna sacrifice their kids education etc so I am sure things are hard now but you guys will pull thru. Remember Education is one thing that no one can take away from U.. so dont mess around at campus. DO YOUR BEST & MAKE THEM PROUD.

All the luck

Reply to Sean