Question
Posted by: concern | 2004/12/10

Please this is urgent!!!!

I didn't had sex in a long time. Just before I was due to my periods,i had sex.We were very careful and I know that we stop in time.We then decided that I should start using the pill.I did and did not get my periods(it was due in 3days back then).Can anyone tell me when a women is more fertile and what time of the month it is. Seeming my situation,what is the risk of me falling pregnant now.Happened about a week ago.i am just concern,because I heard some strange things about using the pill while being pregnant.

You are most fertile at midcycle but this does not eman that you may not fall pregnant at other times. If you started the Pill recently, you would still be taking the active pills and therefore would not have your period.

1
Posted by: FH | 2004/12/10

Hello Concerned

According to most doctors the most fertile days is day 12 to day 18 of your cycle. That means the 12th to the 18th day after you start bleeding. But the egg could be fertilised after that as well, although it's less likely.

I suggest that you take a HPT (Home Pregnancy Test), and if it isn't positive (they are usually quite accurate with positive results), and you haven't gotten your period after a week, try it again, and if negative again with still no period, consult a gynae and get a blood test done.

I can imagine how nerve wrecking it might be for you, whichever way you want the result to go.

If you didn't have a regular cycle before, then it may just be your cycle that's irregular and nothing to worry too much about. And remember that your cycle is affected by stress, and I'm sure that this must be stressing you out.

Hope this helps you a little.

Good luck and happy holidays.

Reply to FH