Question
Posted by: SG | 2005/01/08

Please tell me if its just a yeast infection?

About two weeks ago my vagina and the surrounding vulva were itcing,red and they was a white discharge.A pharmacist
prescribed an ointment called Canestan.It worked,but now i think the infection is back.All the past symptoms have appeared once again.I am sexually active.I would like to know if Sperm exacerbates the problem?Could it trigger the infection?My hygiene habits are rather thorough.Please tell me i have something worse!!!

If you had thrush and your partner was not treated, you could have been reinfected.

1
Posted by: FH | 2005/01/10

If you are sexually active, it would be a good idea to have your partner treated as well. When you have a yeast infection you pass it to your partner, and if isn't treated you could just end up passing it back and forth to each other.

Hope this helps you.

Reply to FH