Question
Posted by: Angel | 2007/05/04

Please tell me

Why do some straight men when they can't get into a girls pant spread stories about her being a slut and easy? I'm bi but mor into girls than men. The men that are the worst at spreading these stories are the men you work with.

Can any one please explain this to me.

O Ja, enjoy our weekend.

Love and kisses.
Angel

Expert ImageGay, lesbian and bisexual expert

Hello Angel and thanks for this post. Are you the Angel who used to post here about two years ago, from Mossel Bay?

We live in a very patriarchal society. Patriarchy informs us that men have the potential ability to penetrate. When this is frustrated men need to find a way to uphold their dominance. They may ridicule a woman (by making her out to be a so-called "slut") or they may, in extreme cases, resort to rape. The latter is referred to as "curative rape" or "corrective rape". Black lesbians living in traditional township areas are more likely to suffer this form of rape.

Basically this is a male dominance thing.