Question
Posted by: ? | 2004/10/19

please someone: help me.. i feel so bad right now. & i dont no wat to do...

I AM FROM THE UK & TRAVELLING IN SOUTH AFRICA. LAST WEEK I COLLAPSED DUE TO SUFFERING FROM (PID, PELVIC INFLAMMOATORY DISEASE) I HAD BEEN ILL FOR SOME DAYS & EVEN UN-ABLE TO WALK & SCREAMING IN PAIN... IT WAS ONLY WHEN I COLLAPSED THAT THEY FOUND THAT I HAD GRADE3 PID. I HAD TO GO INTO A CRITICAL CARE UNIT AND BE FED MY MEDICATION VIA DRIP FOR THE NEXT 48 HOURS. SO AFTER THE 48 HOURS I WAS DISCHARGED & THEY WENT ON TO TELL ME THAT I HAVE CHLMYDIA ANTIBODIES... NOW I AM TAKING MY ANTBIOTICS ORALY. IT HAS BEEN THE WORST WEEK OF MY LIFE & I KNOW I HAVE NOTHING ELSE AS THIS WAS CONTRACTED FROM THE UK. I UNDERSTAND THAT IT CAN MAKE ME INFERTILE OR EVEN MAKE ME SUFFER FROM EPTOPIC PREGANCY. I AM NOT PLANNING TO HAVE CHILDREN NOW, BUT THAT IS BESIDES THE POINT. I AM DEVESTATED AS A RESULT OF WHAT HAS HAPPENED & I STILL FEEL ALOT OF PIAN IN MY STOMACH & BACK. BEFORE I GO TO THE TOITLET IN THE MORNING, I HAVE TO LAY ON THE FLOOR AS IT HURTS TOO MUCH. ALSO MY URINE IS VERY DARK. MY FAMILY ARE WORRIED FOR ME & THINK I SHOULD GO BACK TO THE UK. I DONT WANT TO, BUT I NEED TO KNOW IF IT IS SERIOUS ENOUGH & IF THIS KIND OF THIS NEEDS FUTHER TREATMENT.
PLEASE PLEASE WILL SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT I NEED TO DO? I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY ADVICE RIGH NOW. THANK YOU.

If you do not get better then you should go back to a hospital for further treatment. Surgey is sometimes indicated.
The possible problems afterwards are real but your best bet is to have it adequately treated now.

4
Posted by: Nicki | 2004/10/19

I think the best thing for you to do is go and see a Gynae. They will be able to tell you exactly what,s wrong with you. Go as soon as you can.

Hope you get well soon

Reply to Nicki
Posted by: MV | 2004/10/19

I am so sorry to hear about what is happening to you, unfortunatly I have not experienced this myself, so the only help I can give is: Please, go to a doctor, it is not worth medssing up your body, see someone asap. Perhaps with your feelings of loss and depression you should be around people who love and support you. You can always return to S.A.

I hope everything works out for you,

Sterkte (It is an afrikaans word meaning - strength - )

Reply to MV
Posted by: JR | 2004/10/19

Where are you based? Are you in JHB, CT DBN?? I would strongly suggest visiting a doctor / medicross clinic as I'm sure you would have taken out medical insurance for your trip. Don't mess with your health... where there is pain,your body is telling you that something isn't right. I'd honestly go to a doctor straight away.

Reply to JR
Posted by: Jenna | 2004/10/19

You need to visit a doctor, and find out exactly what is happening with your body.

Reply to Jenna