Question
Posted by: Jessica | 2006/07/14

Please Reply

Posted by: Jessica
Message:
So what can I do then? I described my reasons for not being able to go for counseling, it's not that I don't want to. I do have that opinion of counseling but you can't start going if you can't. What would you think I should do? I don't mean to bad mouth you or sound unrealistic, I don't even make sense to myself and am in tears basically at this moment can't I can't get answers, I don't understand and I'm rubbing everyone up the wrong way without meaning to. What do you think of me now? Propably that I'm a stupid young girl who doesn't want to help herself?

You're almost deliberately not understanding me, and this is why you found counselling unprofitable --- its simply not true to say that you CAN'T --- the problem is that you WON'T ; this is not something that leaves you helpless, but a path you have chosen and you are free to choose another path. I'm not saying that you don't want to help yourself, but that you are not allowing yourself to be helped, and can change gear, and allow it to happen. You haven't rubbed me up the wrong way. CBT counselling is designed to help you identify the profoundly negative and self-defeating automatic thoughts and assumptions you have been working byu, and changing them.

2
Posted by: Alana | 2006/07/14

Jess, i am a councellor, thats why i am trying to help you. I am a young person with feelings and emotions such as yourself.

Trust me please?

Reply to Alana
Posted by: Alana | 2006/07/14

Jess (can i call you this?)

You dont have 2 worry, i dont know you and i like you! You wont ever rub me up the wrong way, even if you try very hard!

Can i help you with something?

Reply to Alana