Question
Posted by: Hannie | 2007/04/16

Please recommend safe dog food

My two puppies (4months) have been eating Vet's Choice only. And they have been very sick - costing us to date R2500 for treatments and medication. And now after the dog food scare I have trouble picking a healthy and nutritious dog food for them. They are currently on the Royal Canine Intestinal Meal as part of their treatment. What do you recommend? Pedigree\ Royal Canine\ Alpo. Thank you...

Please have your vet check the manufacture dates of the food they are on. The food that caused problems was manufactured between 8 March and 11 April this year. Your vet will have some food that is safe for your pups. Please have them check the dates of the Royal Canin food and the Vets choice. Have the pups had blood tests done? If the food was manufactured between those dats please ask your vet to run a general health profile to determine if they need other treatment.

1
Posted by: Joni | 2007/04/16

Please note Royal Canin is being recalled even if its just specific batches, they've proved they're careless and negligent, sue them for the costs, they have also been implicated in several accidents in the past 13 years and have yet to respond to allegations of their food causing renal failure due to them adding too much Vit. D & A. Please do some research on the internet into the ingredients of any food you feed.

I believe any manufacturer that doesn't do batch testing is irresponsible isn't that why we pay soo much for their food because of all the "testing" that takes place! Also be aware of what actually goes into that expensive vet food! I sent the Vet's Choice ingredients list to an animal nutrionist in the US and she says its worse than Pedigree. I personally feed RAW and won't ever change back to kibble.

Reply to Joni