Question
Posted by: MARY-ANNE | 2004/01/17

PLEASE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT TO DO

The machine at the gym (called the body iq machine) says that my blood pressure is 86/70. It says my fat % is 21%. My wieght is 53, height 1.68 and age 26 female. I have been trying for years (3) to get my fat pacentage down to 19 but it just will not change. Can you please tell me what to do. For the last month I have not eaten ANY sugar, chocolate, candy, ice-cream, and today the machine says Im still 21. Please doc, what am I doing wrong. I use to do cardio for 1 hour 5 days a week with a hr of 168. I've given this up because I am just as fat as before. I am now working with a trainer using weights. Will this help. If not, what will?

Expert ImageBodybuilding

Mary-Anne,

First and foremost-RELAX!!!!!! The goals will come!!!!!

As for Body IQ, while it is a good machine I would advise that you go to a Biokineticist at the gym and spend the money to have a proper assessment doen that includes body fat%.

I think you will be in for a pleasant surprise as sometimes I have heard that Body IQ's fat measurements can be a bit inflated.

Yes weight training will help as long as you are doing high reps with light enough weight to do these high weights. Stick to the trainer as I'm sure he/she are MORE than qualified in what they are doing.

Keep well,

Conrad Booysen-Biokineticist

1
Posted by: Murray | 2004/01/19

Speak to your trainer, if he is worth his/her salt they will know what to do to help you on your way and if they don't then they obviously aren't worth using. You made a good choice by using a personal trainer egt the most out of what you are paying them for TO HELP YOU REACH YOUR GOALS!!!!!!
Cheers
Murray
murraybarlow@webmail.co.za

Reply to Murray