Question
Posted by: MARY-ANNE | 2004/01/17

PLEASE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT TO DO

The machine at the gym (called the body iq machine) says that my blood pressure is 86/70. It says my fat % is 21%. My wieght is 53, height 1.68 and age 26 female. I have been trying for years (3) to get my fat pacentage down to 19 but it just will not change. Can you please tell me what to do. For the last month I have not eaten ANY sugar, chocolate, candy, ice-cream, and today the machine says Im still 21. Please doc, what am I doing wrong. I use to do cardio for 1 hour 5 days a week with a hr of 168. I've given this up because I am just as fat as before. I am now working with a trainer using weights. Will this help. If not, what will?

Dear Mary-Anne
Why on earth are you punishing yourself like this? Your present BMI = 18,8, which is way below your ideal of 22 for which you would have to weigh 62 kg! The normal body fat percentage for women is 24%, so at 21% you are already below the normal level. Do take care that you don't fall into the trap of anorexia by eating too little, exercising too much and reducing your body fat to too low a level. Anorexia is not the way to go.
Take great care

1
Posted by: MARY-ANNE | 2004/01/18

Please remember Im not trying to loose weight. The scale is not the issue, its the fat percentage.

Reply to MARY-ANNE