Question
Posted by: gummi bear | 2006/10/31

PLEASE PLEASE explain

Good day
I am a bit confused and hope someone can help me. I had my period on the 5 October and I am due my next one tom. I did a home preg test and it had a faint line i went for a bloodtest this morning. What I would like to know is if i am pregnant how does the week work. SOmeone told me you take it from your last period day? so that will make me 4 weeks. BUT then if you look at some of this website where they tell you what happens every week I cant think that i can be on 4 weeks already? Please explain where should i look on the that planning thing then?

thanks

You would be 4 weeks pregnant. This would be only 2 weeks from conception in the development.

2
Posted by: Beth | 2006/10/31

Rather don't count from the first day of your last period, as you could have ovulated late, and therefore not be as far along as you thought.

I have a friend who if she ovulated on time would be 10 weeks this week, but because she ovulated late, she is only 7 weeks - so it is best to see the blood test count, and then at your first scan, you will know exactly how far you are. I ovulated late, by about a week, and when i did my blood test, i was 4 -5 weeks pregnant, and at my 8 weeks scan, it showed that the blood test was correct and that i was already 8 weeks and 2 days.

I am now happy to say, that i am 10 weeks and 6 days and counting.

So i think it depends on your gynae - but usually your blood tests tell.

Reply to Beth
Posted by: Lou | 2006/10/31

Pregnancy is counted from the FIRST day of your last period, so if your last period started on the 5th Oct, you would be 4wks on the 2nd Nov. But, if you are actually counting the fetus's actual "age", it would be about 2 wks on the 2nd Nov.

Reply to Lou