Question
Posted by: sharn | 2007/03/02

please need some advise

Hi i'm recovering and still battling with bulimia and anorexia.My bones are not strong, my lean weight is still a bit low but I now need to start strengthening my bones.My fitness level is like zero! What do you reccomend I get started on? most importantly I want my arms,stomach and love handles to be toned and a toned but and legs but also want to be quite fit.I just don't know how or where to get started or what machines to use?please, any advise will help..

HI Sharn

The answer to this one is very much the same as to your other post, about exercise for toning and losing a bit of weight. So hopefully that helps.

What I also want to add is that you should be really sure that your diet is ideal throughout, in that you need to consult with a dietician and possibly even a doctor all the way. I know very little of the situation, but my guess would be that you do not have a lot of weight to lose, and so it's only these very specific areas that you want to target. ANd that makes life quite difficult, because someone who is very overweight is able to more easily set a goal of losing say 5kg and they will succeed. However, when you don't have that to lose, it's much more difficult. And while you can still achieve results, you just need to make sure that your goals are realistic, and that your diet is helping you. And it's from a health point of view, as much as anything. So do this with a team of people to support you - a dietician, a doctor, a friend, whoever it takes.

Ross