Question
Posted by: SUZIE | 2008/01/21

PLEASE: JUST SOME DIFFERENT VIEWS??

I sent a msg earlier, but for some reason it cant be opened.

I need to get some views on the following:

Can a guy person be in a SUCCESSFUL relationship?
Meaning, a very healthy sexlife, friendship, companionship, everything.

How can you determine this?

Expert ImageGay, lesbian and bisexual expert

Hi Suzie and welcome to the forum.

This is very dependent on just how far out of the closet he ventures... if he goes beyond being bisexual to being primarily gay I anticipate that, at some point, you'll run into difficulties.

9
Posted by: SUZIE | 2008/01/23

Thanx very much Deeve and Gareth,

So that's what we are doing, working on our relationship.
I wish I could elaborate more on the whole situation (dont want everybody to read it on the site, but I just need to come to the terms with the fact that it will always be a part of us and that we will make it through.
thanx a mil!

Reply to SUZIE
Posted by: Deeve | 2008/01/22

Suzie,
Bi-Sexual people do not have a licence to date both sexes at the same time, so if you have your boyfriends attention right now, just keep it that way. Only he will know where he slots in on the scale between absolutely straight, and absolutely Gay.
As everyone else has also mentioned, there are NO guarantees in life...except for 'Morkel's', and that runs out after two years!!!
Gage your relationship, and work at that, not at whether your boyfriend is Bi or Gay(unless of course this issue never dies down, and is a definite problem on his side). If he one day decides to walk, there is nothing you can do anyway. I know women that sometimes have a boyfriend, and sometimes have a girlfriend, BUT, I don't know any Guys that have done similar. If they leave for a Guy, they seem to stay with Guys - just my perception. Cheers

Reply to Deeve
Posted by: Gareth | 2008/01/22

It all depends on the both of you, what you want from life. One person in your situation might want to get out, another might not want to change what he has, etc. My advice is to take things from day to day, and get through each day, and not worry about what might happen later or not happen. Take it as it comes. If you guys really love each other and really want to work through this, you will. Best of luck

Reply to Gareth
Posted by: SUZIE | 2008/01/22

Thankyou Gareth
I just wanted to see what most people think of this as I found myself in that situation. Being in a relationship with a guy and
not knowing if he's just pretending or just pure bi-sexual.

He got confused with the fact that someone said he's just coming out of the closet and that he has not accepted who he is yet.
But he honestly does not feel that he could leave me to go for that.
So, we are trying to see if it would be worth the trouble to try and work on the relationship or not.
But, yes, we are working on both are commited to make this work.
And we DO have a successful relationship apart from the issue. So I really hope we make it trhough.

Thanx

Reply to SUZIE
Posted by: Gareth | 2008/01/21

Suzie, life has NO guarantees, so gay or straight, no one can tell you if any relationship will stay "successful" in any circumstance
Also, it depends on what you see as a successful relationship.
Surely someone can be enough for their partner in all ways, but that depends on the person, the partner, everything. But you'll never know what goes on in the head and heart of that gay person, even with all the "pretend"

You really cannot get a straight (scuse the pun) answer on this, and to think you can is naive. No two people are the same, and no life situation are exactly the same.

Reply to Gareth
Posted by: suzie | 2008/01/21

Never mind then, I see that I wont get the info what I need here.
Would need to explain the whole story to someone. Maybe then they will understand.
Or just hope for the best....or just vanish or something

Reply to suzie
Posted by: l | 2008/01/21

depends on the man

Reply to l
Posted by: suzie | 2008/01/21

Im not generalizing......Im askin a very serious question here.....

Reply to suzie
Posted by: Ollie | 2008/01/21

Generalization is a very dangerous thing...

Reply to Ollie