Question
Posted by: Grey | 2005/01/10

please i need a quick advice

Compliments of the new season to everyone. Well i had broken up with my 4 year boyfriend around september, and we made up before new year, so yesterday i went to pay him a visit and we just kept fighting over petty things and he ask me to leave his place as he has a lot on his mind and he wants to have a chat with a friend

Do u think we are wasting each other's time here? i want to call it off today please give advice.

Sounds like he may have been trying to deal with a problem, at work or whatever, and that you weren't being particularly helpful or friendly, and maybe more attentive to your own needs than his ?
Either, if you both still want to make something of this relationship, get involved in couples counselling, or break it off if you don't have the energy or motivation to do that. Drifting along isn't helping either of you

6
Posted by: Grey | 2005/01/10

Thanks to all of u, i think i have to decide whats best for me.

Reply to Grey
Posted by: Beyond Tired | 2005/01/10

I have to say I agree with Lulu and 4 years is a very long time and if you constantly have and are fighting about petty stuff, do you think there is a underlying major issue? If there is or there is something you guys have never settled, look at this and see if it/the relationship is worth persuing and ask yourself if this constant fighting is what you want.
Good luck with your decision.
Take Care

Reply to Beyond Tired
Posted by: lulu | 2005/01/10

I must agree. He sounds like a waste of time. Leave his place because he has a lot on his mind and wants to chat to a friend?? Wouldn't do it for me, I'm afraid...

Councelling could definitly be beneficial in dealing with your fighting about petty things, but you have to be honest with yourself about what you really want from this relationship. 4 years is a long time, so do you really LOVE him or are you just USED TO having him in your life?

My opinion: He is part of your past. Leave him there. Best for both of you.

Reply to lulu
Posted by: Nokt | 2005/01/10

The reason u broke up septermber was it that u fight a lot? if so do u know what r the underlying reasons for the fights? try to handle that before calling it quits because i think u might have broke up due to the "fights over nothing" and got back together now cos u still love each other even thou those "nothings" u never dealt with so they r also back. Sort out the exact problem that makes u both fight then if still not working out then call it quits.

Reply to Nokt
Posted by: IT Girl | 2005/01/10

Start the new year afresh and leave the past in the past...

There are many wonderful, caring men out there just be patient
:-) rather than go back to something that wasnt working out...

Reply to IT Girl
Posted by: Inc | 2005/01/10

For Quick advice.. this is the right place...
Yip... seems like you are wasting each other's time... Best to leave the past where it belongs... in the past. Move on with new aspirations, especially now at the start of a new year.

Reply to Inc