Posted by: wicked | 2008/08/12

please hepl

can i eat potatoes as part of my weight loss diet,i even cut out all red meat.

Dear Wicked
Please don't regard yourself as "wicked" just because you are eating potatoes when on diet. There is not reason why you should cut out either potatoes or red meat (cutting out red meat can cause iron or vit B12 deficiency anaemias - so be careful). Eat potatoes boiled or baked in their jackets and just don't add butter, sour cream, mayonnaise or other fats to the potatoes - it's the fat the adds the kJ, not the potatoes themselves. Eat a moderate portion of lean red meat at least 3 times a week (chicken breast without the skin, and cut off all visible fat from the meat). Click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of a balanced slimming diet which you can use as an example.

Posted by: Anonym | 2008/08/13

Yes, about 3 small baby potatoes (lower G.I.) per day. Red meat 3-4 times a week is healthy if you just cut of all the fat.

Reply to Anonym