Question
Posted by: Melani | 2004/09/21

PLEASE HELP WITH THIS PG TEST RESULT

Am now a week late with my period - been suffering with dry eyes and weakness in my legs at off times in the day.

Did a pg test last night - one of those that u can do at any time.
But in my enthusiasm I dropped too many drops of urine into that little well were you're meant to drop the specimen.

Immediately the entire result window turned pink, the control line turned up soon after and there was a line in the test area, but from the test line-area to the end of the window was shaded in pink so the test line was hidden by the pink shade.

I left it on the dresser and when I woke this morning - the pink shade had disappeared leaving 2 very definite lines (One strong control line + one line in the test-area)

Pse let me know what u think - will wait to test again but your responses would be most welcome.

You can only confirm with another test but it does sound as if it was a positive test

8
Posted by: RT | 2004/09/21

My son was born 2 years ago and i still have my HPT and it still shows two lines. So yes you are pregnant.

Reply to RT
Posted by: Rose | 2004/09/21

Yes, you can just walk into the Lab, maybe phone and confirm first, as some of them insist that you be refered by a doctor. Just say you want to do a pregnancy test.

Reply to Rose
Posted by: Melani | 2004/09/21

Where does one go for this test - can I just walk in off the street into Lancet Laboratories ?

And what do I ask for ?

Reply to Melani
Posted by: Nuffing | 2004/09/21

I would guess that you are pregnant, but rather do another test, or go to a familly planning clininc, they will test for free, or a for a small fee (less than the price of buying a HPT).

Reply to Nuffing
Posted by: Jane1 | 2004/09/21

You must not read preg tests after a certain amount of time because some of the urine evaporates and then it looks like it's a positive, even when it's definitely a negative.
I also suggest the blood test- come on, it's money worth spending for the peace of mind it brings.

Reply to Jane1
Posted by: Renira | 2004/09/21

Good morning Melani,

It sounds to me that you are preggies. The bloodtest costs about R60-R70 and you can pay cash for that. Although they tell you not to look at the tests after 30 min, most of my friends who have kept their positive tests still show positive (even after years).

I think that you are definitely preggies. Congratulations.

Renira

Reply to Renira
Posted by: Melani | 2004/09/21

Blood tests are expensive and we don't have much money left in our medical aid should I need to go for my first antenatal checkup

Reply to Melani
Posted by: Francis | 2004/09/21

The home test are only accurate in the first 30 minutes. They also tell you that you must not read any results after 30 minutes.

It sounds that you are pregnant, but why don't you just go for a blood test and safe you all this trouble again. Blood results will tell you how far you are aswell are very accurate.

You will also get your results within 4 hours.

Reply to Francis