Posted by: Love101 | 2008/02/04

Please help with info 4 counselling

i have been advised on this site to go on counselling (FAMSA) and i was told it was for free with regards to my problematic relationship with my BF. We have agreed to go see the counsellor, the disturbing news is that when i called them they told me i have to pay R205 per session.

please advise on a free counsellor if there is any, as i don't want to commit myself financially on something that might put more strain in our already bad relationship.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

As Sue says, you can speak to someone at Lifeline for free, and they can be really helpful, and have had some training, though they are not fully trained psychologists. NO counsellor could afford to see everyone for free --- how would they feed themselves, their children or their cats ? I don't know who told you that treatment from a counsellor you chose from amongst those suggested by FAMSA would be free. As I understand it, SOME FAMSA counsellors charge lower fees in special circumstances, if these are fully explained ( and generally that would apply to serious emergencies rather than to bf problems ) --- it doesn't sound as though you explained to FAMSA why you couldn't afford to pay, or why you couldn't or didnt want to

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Sue | 2008/02/04

You can use lifeline for free

Reply to Sue

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.