Question
Posted by: Mwa | 2005/12/09

Please help & tell me if Im wrong/simply what2do??

I am married with my husband who has two kids from the his ex girlfriend. They broke up 8 years ago when we started dating. I have always been there for the kids as we have only 1 of our own.
Ive asked for the kids next week so that we can spend some little time with them. However Ive told my hubby that I need the 16th (have a party to attend). I therefore suggested that we take all three kids to either his mother or my granny(mother died). At the same time my nanny is going on leave as from next week and will only be back early next year. I can only manage to take 1weeks leave as our offices are actually busy. I will then only have to spend atleast two weeks with the kids but will have to send them back when I go back to work. Im I wrong to say this? I cant, unfortunately send my daughter with them since Im still breastfeeding her. I therefore asked my granny to come and be with us for another week. I mean I cannot ask her to look after 3 of our kids plus my husband younger brother (4kids - my younger one who needs more attention). She is not that old, but I know she wont manage 4 kids all on her own. So I will have to send them back, fetch them again on the 24th but send them back again on the 26th. I have no choice or do I????

Of course you're not wrong ! You're suggesting an arangement, in a complicated situation, designed to suit everybody about as well as they can be suited.