Question
Posted by: CD | 2004/10/07

PLEASE HELP RE: FOLLICULAR PHASE

My gynae has told me that I am struggling to fall pregnant because I have a short follicular phase. Please can you tell me what causes this and secondly what can they do to rectify it?

I am not getting any concrete answers and am at my wits end - have been trying for two years.....

Follicular phase relates to the period before you ovulate. I suggest you see a fertility specialist for advice and treatment

1
Posted by: Angie | 2004/10/07

Hi CD,

I dont know exactly what causes it - they say stress, hormones etc, but I know Clomid helps rectify it. Speak to your doctor and see what he says. Clomid is essentially for if you dont ovulate, but it assists the egg in forming etc too. My whole cycle was too short - only 23 days and I was put on clomid and I am not pregnant yet, but have healthy follicles each month. I have also being trying for a couple of years so I know how you feel. Doesnt your gynae suggest anything?
Good Luck

Reply to Angie