Question
Posted by: Concerned sister | 2007/03/02

Please help my sister

My sister was a drug addict but is now a year and a half clean and i am so proud of her. She is finally settling down and getting married this year. She wants to have a baby but is concerned about the fact that while she was using drugs she lost her period completely and didnt have it for about 2 years but now all is good and she has her period although its not regular... she has her period and spots now and ten between her period and is concerned that she will never be able to have children. COuld this be a factor in her future and how could she rectify it - unless of course she is infertile - right? Please help i would love to see my sister happy and all she wants now is children. Thanks Thanks Concerned sister

If her periods are irregular, it may mean that she is not ovulating. A gynae check-up would be a good idea.