Posted by: Help Me NOW | 2008/10/21

Hey ppl, need help on this.

Im VERY sure this girl likes me, we held hands in a sorta prayer chain at church, constantly glanced at each other, our hands ALMOST touched and her smile after that was absolutely unmistakable.

She sms' s me, I got her email address and I am in love with her. BUT, she is 17 and in matric next year, and I' m 15 and in grade 9 next year.

Could this work? When she gets outta school, I' ll be 16 and can get my learners (right?) so then it' ll be less of an issue.

If I (eventually) talk to her about it, could I (we...) sort this out to not be an issue?

Help Me Now.

Expert ImageTeen expert

age is not always an issue when it is only 2 years, but it really depends on maturity levels and life stage. You still being at school and her at varisity or working will place you in different worlds for a while. But this does not mean you will not be able to be together. You cannot get your learners until you are 17 and you cannot drive without a qualified driver until you have your drivers which you can only get at 18. Having said that being able to drive is also not a marker of maturity - especially when you see how some people drive on SA's roads!!

As you have not yet met her and got to know her properly how do you know that you love her?

Take your time with this and see where it goes without having too many ideas decided upon first.

Relax and enjoy what is developing rather than trying to plan ahead too much.

Posted by: almost mad | 2008/11/14

mmm...not a good idea. Im 24 and my fiance is 23 but we met when we were both at the same stage in our lives. This girls is in matric, she will be in college soon and you will still be in school.

Reply to almost mad
Posted by: Special | 2008/10/22

It will work out. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

Reply to Special