Question
Posted by: UK Chic | 2004/10/19

Please help me budget

I wonder if someone could help me budget because I tend to budget but never stick to it and I owe my parents R20 000.00.

I earn about £200 per week, I pay £79 rent per week, £30 travel expenses and £30 on groceries.

I want to quit smoking but if I don't it is another £5 per day for cigs. I social alot and that is what also eats my money.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Expert ImageArchive

You need much more discipline to stick to your budget. Ask your Financial advisor to assist you in this regard

2
Posted by: Tugs | 2004/10/21

This financial advisor is useless. All he ever says is "Talk your Bank Manager". This website had better look for someone who is committed into answering our questions in the relevant way. Other forums have got Experts who can give useful advise.

Reply to Tugs
Posted by: G | 2004/10/19

Hey UK Chic, you'll probably be referred to your bank manager to discuss your budget by the financial guru on this site.

Anyway, log onto this site: world wide web dot menshealthsa dot co dot za

There is a printable budget plan on this site. It gives you some advice as well on how to best budget your cash, remember that to follow a budget takes a hellava lot of discipline and I have lived in the UK as well for 4 years so know it's not easy when it comes to staying in at night and not going out to socialise etc etc.

What type of job do you do? £200 per week is not that much, try looking for another job, not easy but it is possible.

Also, speak to your parents and come up with some kinda payment plan. I also owed my parents money but could not cope with paying them back as well as other creditors. So I spoke to them and parents being parents they told me to sort out all my other debts before paying them back. Good luck..

Reply to G