Posted by: hope | 2008/10/28

please help me

We have been married for 4yrs and i dont really know how to handle our financial situation.My hubby started his own company 3.5yrs ago,since the inception of this company i have been the one paying for everything but i feel i dont have the energy to do this anymore.I am in so much debt and i dont know who to talk to,when i talk to him we end up fighting. The way he is behaving is like im obliged to help him,he tells me things will be ok but im so so depressed and unhappy all the time. The past 4 months he has been asking me to help with rentals,which is about 9000 out of my salary every month resulting in my debits being returned and creditors calling me daily.I cant even buy things to take care of myself, when i speak to him,its like i dont believe in his business.What can i do?please advise

Gosh. Its hardly HIS company if you've been paying for everything. And you shouldn't be going into debt to pay for his business. I hope other readers with relevant experience and expertise will have useful comments. Shouldn't you have a talk with your bank(s) and see what sort of a plan can be made ? And remind him you are not at all obliged to help him, while he is obliged to help himself. Tell him you must take care of yoru own debts first. Where does his own money go to ? Maybe you also need some legal advice, to protect yourself from his debts. Its not a question of believing in his business, like believing in fairies --- its about being financially realistic

Posted by: Concerened | 2008/10/29

I should think after 3,5 yrs his business should be doing well, I mean why go on if there is no profit.Maybe he should close it and find a job, don' t be silly woman he is using you in the name of marriage.Ask to see his books, where is the money going?investigate,I smell a fish here.

Reply to Concerened