Question
Posted by: G | 2007/06/08

Please HELP me!!

I hope I will not be peeing anyone off as this is more a general question that an urgent psychological matter, although, I do think I could turn into a mental case if this doesn't end soon ...

Long story short, I have been broken up with my bf for almost 2 months. I took the attitude that I do not want anything to do with him other than necessary civilities in work - an ex is an ex, I do not want to be his friend. Also he was very abusive and all the other previous times I left him but remained in contact he would always find a way to manipulate me into going back.

He has in the past promised I don't know how many times to get help for his alcohol problem etc etc etc etc ... so many broken promises that I know he will never change and do not want to go back.

He is overseas on a course at present. Today I receive a MASSIVE vase of roses and a letter saying he is not giving up on us and he is changing etc. He organised this before he left.

All this is despite me ignoring his calls, textx etc and clearly telling him all along that I want nothing to do with him.

Now, my question is, what do I do about these b l o o d y flowers. Do I say thanks, ignore, what?? I wish I could text him and say when is he going to get the message that I want nothing to do with him???? But, as we work in close proximity I have been trying not to get nasty ... and, I hate being nasty to anyone as it makes me feel sooooooo bad - even people that have been nasty to me.

HELP Please!!!! Thanks in advance

An ex is indeed an ex, and should remain thus, especially if they were abusive. Never let an abuser get a second chance to abuse you again. Continue to ignore him. As to the roses, you can't send them back -- or why not send them to a local old age home, where the folks there could enjoy them ? And you can arrange for the Home to text him to thank him for the donation

1
Posted by: Carol | 2007/06/08

I suggest you leave the flowers in the general reception area and text him to let him know what you have done.

Reply to Carol