Question
Posted by: Desperate!!! | 2004/01/28

Please help me!!!

Hi there. Can guilt/ guilty feelings make you have pains in your private parts? Is it possible? Can guilt feelings only be felt inside you, or can it cause pain or something? Chow!!!

Dear Desp,
I wonder if we might be able to guess what you might be feeling guilty about ? Seriously, if one is under significant sress, and/or feling miserable or depressed, this can amplify pains arising from the usual sorts of physical causes, in any part of the body. If one is feeling guilty, for instance, about some sexual indiscretion, it is possible that one's increased worry and concern focussed on the relevant part of the body might give rise to some form of unpleasant feelings. The important thing to do would be twofold --- (a) if there is any god reason to suspect a possibiluity of an STD ( Sexually Transmitted Disease ) or any other physical problem in the area feeling uncomfortable, et it checked out physically by a doctor, just to be sure. Quite probably nothing will be found to be amiss, but you'd want to feel reassured about that ; (b) if you are feeling significantly guilty for any reason, seeing someone for counselling could be really useful, to explore and understand the reasons for your feelings of guilt, and for whatever actions led to those guilty feelings, and to plan a better way of handling life so as to both work through this guilt, and avoid future situations that would give rise to it.
That's about all I can say unless you choose to provide rather more concrete details in a fresh message.