Question
Posted by: lizzy | 2007/12/18

PLEASE HELP : is it hormones?

I was wondering if the following could be due to hormonal imbalance: I've broken out in big pimples especially under my chin / upper neck; I'm constantly hot and sweating and i'm extremely emotional - i cry over literally EVERYTHING! I'm only 25 years old so it cant be menopause but i've about a month ago i stopped taking cipralex and I've gone back onto femodene. Could this be my body adjusting to one of these medications? I'm also slightly insulin resistant and i've heard that too much sugar can affect the spots i break out in but then why the other symptoms? What can I do to treat these symptoms or the cause hereof? Please help?

Hi Lizzy
Yes the pimples and crying spells could be hormonal or you may be sliding back into a depression. Discuss with your doctor as you may need another kind of contraceptive. Also check your depression on the depression scale at
http://www.drhansdreyer.com/questionnaire.php as you may need to go back onto your medication.
dr Bets

1
Posted by: Lizzy | 2007/12/18

Sorry, one more thing, a week or so ago (for about 2-3 weeks) i felt as if i was "floating". I felt very spaced out and dizzy & nauseous at times.

Reply to Lizzy