Question
Posted by: Annon | 2007/03/07

PLEASE Help - Irregular Period

I had my period on the 30 January which lasted a few days and then i bleed again (very lightly) which lasted 2 days on the 14th of January. I was expecting my period on the 28 but it hasnt come yet. I dont quite feel myself and have very tender breasts and suffer from headaches. Could there be something wrong? Of has my period now all of a sudden gone irregular? What could the casues be please help? Is this maybe a pregnancy?

Dear Annon

It is possible that the light bleeding experienced might be an implantation bleed albeit occuring a little earlier than one would expect. Alternately it may be construed as a mid-cycle bleed and possibility of an ovarian cyst should seriously be considered. In any event a pregnancy blood test should be done at this stage to verify a pregnancy or not.
If the blood test is negative, an ultra sound scan would definitely assist in excluding the presence of an ovarian cyst.