Posted by: nick | 2004/10/19

please help.......... i can not take it anymore.

i am an 18 year old who suffers from an unusual problem.My problem is that i'm suffering from social anxiety disorder.
This problem makes my life very hard because i end up being scared of people,social gatherings even walking down the road
or going to the shopping mall and as a result i cannot leave my room .Sometimes i want to commit suicide because i feel like i'm
tired of not having a life. please advice me on what to do.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

Answered at the seond posting --
" Nick, social anxiety disorder is highly unpleasant, but actually not unusual. And it generally responds excellently to treatment, with medication or counselling or CBT, preferably both. So see a shrink for assessment and advice on treatment, and you could soon find a whole new world opening up for you, rather enjoyably. "

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: venus101 | 2004/10/19

My heart goes out to you. As Cybershrink sugessted counselling/treatment - I would definately second this.
Seek assistance/help - don't delay - there's normally counsellors at your church.
Please do not wait. I'm 33 years old, haven't the same problem as you, although I have suffered a "harsh" life, which eventually lead to "numerous" suicidal attempts (most recently two attempts, in a matter of two weeks).
Contemplate a balance life circle - you can work on your own e.g. School, Spirtual, Physical etc. well-being and what you can in your own "power"/circle of influence work on. Small steps, baby steps.
My BEST suggestion is get in-touch with God, go to church, seek counselling there.
Talk to your parents or a trusted adult concerning this matter.
God bless my angel, you're not alone...

Reply to venus101

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.