Question
Posted by: nick | 2004/10/19

please help.......... i can not take it anymore.

i am an 18 year old who suffers from an unusual problem.My problem is that i'm suffering from social anxiety disorder.
This problem makes my life very hard because i end up being scared of people,social gatherings even walking down the road
or going to the shopping mall and as a result i cannot leave my room .Sometimes i want to commit suicide because i feel like i'm
tired of not having a life. please advice me on what to do.

Answered at the seond posting --
" Nick, social anxiety disorder is highly unpleasant, but actually not unusual. And it generally responds excellently to treatment, with medication or counselling or CBT, preferably both. So see a shrink for assessment and advice on treatment, and you could soon find a whole new world opening up for you, rather enjoyably. "

1
Posted by: venus101 | 2004/10/19

My heart goes out to you. As Cybershrink sugessted counselling/treatment - I would definately second this.
Seek assistance/help - don't delay - there's normally counsellors at your church.
Please do not wait. I'm 33 years old, haven't the same problem as you, although I have suffered a "harsh" life, which eventually lead to "numerous" suicidal attempts (most recently two attempts, in a matter of two weeks).
Contemplate a balance life circle - you can work on your own e.g. School, Spirtual, Physical etc. well-being and what you can in your own "power"/circle of influence work on. Small steps, baby steps.
My BEST suggestion is get in-touch with God, go to church, seek counselling there.
Talk to your parents or a trusted adult concerning this matter.
God bless my angel, you're not alone...

Reply to venus101