Question
Posted by: nick | 2004/10/19

please help.......... i can not take it anymore.

i am an 18 year old who suffers from an unusual problem.My problem is that i'm suffering from social anxiety disorder.
This problem makes my life very hard because i end up being scared of people,social gatherings even walking down the road
or going to the shopping mall and as a result i cannot leave my room .Sometimes i want to commit suicide because i feel like i'm
tired of not having a life. please advice me on what to do.

Don't worry, we all sometimes "stutter" when clicking the Post button !
"Nick, social anxiety disorder is highly unpleasant, but actually not unusual. And it generally responds excellently to treatment, with medication or counselling or CBT, preferably both. So see a shrink for assessment and advice on treatment, and you could soon find a whole new world opening up for you, rather enjoyably. "

1
Posted by: Matthew | 2004/10/19

Nick I have the same problem and have been thinking of meeting someone like you for ages, would it be cool if we tried to fight this thing together?? I'm sure we'd feel better together rather than this awful feeling of loneliness we tend to get. O fsick of being alone at home, j\how about you?? Let's go to the shopping malls you'd like to go to.
This is such a cool opportunity for both of us!! Way cool!!
email address is matter at webmail dot co dot za.
If you don't want to try it, please at least e-mail me and tell me you don't want to give it a try.

Reply to Matthew