Question
Posted by: nick | 2004/10/19

please help.......... i can not take it anymore.

i am an 18 year old who suffers from an unusual problem.My problem is that i'm suffering from social anxiety disorder.
This problem makes my life very hard because i end up being scared of people,social gatherings even walking down the road
or going to the shopping mall and as a result i cannot leave my room .Sometimes i want to commit suicide because i feel like i'm
tired of not having a life. please advice me on what to do.

Nick, social anxiety disorder is highly unpleasant, but actually not unusual. And it generally responds excellently to treatment, with medication or counselling or CBT, preferably both. So see a shrink for assessment and advice on treatment, and you could soon find a whole new world opening up for you, rather enjoyably.