Question
Posted by: Mello | 2007/08/22

Please help i am afraid

From when i was +- 16 years old i suffered terribly with depression. I went to numerious Doctors, Psycholigists, Psychitrists, i have been in and out of hospital, blamed other people when i had problems in my life. I have 6 months ago been diagnosed with bipolar. I have burnt myself badly and i have also been cutting.
I am on cipralex and epitec.
Iam very afraid that if i have another episode and i will take my life as this does not scare me at all. I am also afraid that i will get worse and worse and i will end up in a mental asylum and my wonderfull husband will leave me. I have so many thoughts going through my mind. I AM AFRAID OF MY NEXT EPISODE.

I am concerned that you sound as though youn don't have the confidence to discuss this very important issue with your own psychiatrist who is treating this diagnosis of bipolar disorder. And ask your shrink to also have a session with your husband so as to ensure that he also understands the situation. Bipolar disorder can be brought under useful control, enabling you to live an enjoyable life --- work hard with your shrink on making this happen