Posted by: Nancy | 2007/12/05

Please help anybody

Good morning

I have a 22 year old son who has an alcohol problem, I've had him on the antabuse tablets but of late he does not want to take them. He has moved in with his gilfriend and her parents, we have heard he gets drunk in the week and weekends drives around in that state as well. I am very very worried about him, we have spoken to him over and over,does not want to listen. Is there anybody out there who knows where we can get the implants done. With the festive season upon us gives me more reason to worry about him.

Please what can we do, he is either going to get arrested for drunken driving or land up killing himself or someone else if this continues. I lie awake worringy about him all the time just waiting for the phone to ring!!! My 19 year old son has asked us on few occassions to please do something about him as he sees him at the pubs and refuses to have over his keys, gets aggressive too.


Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear Nancy
Most GP's will be able to do the implants but you will have to get his consent to have it done.
dr Bets

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Nancy | 2007/12/10

HI all

Thanks for all the replies. Helps_where_can: my hubby is a recovering alcoholic its been 7 years since he had his last drink (so there is hope for your dad) I'm afraid my son is going through the exact same thing only at a younger age though. Seems like i'll have this problem for the rest of my life!!!!!!



Reply to Nancy
Posted by: helps_where_can | 2007/12/10

my dad is an alcholic and i ahve tried talking to him many times..Alot of the times i lie awake to and wonder if he's still alive.I recently come to terms with the fact that i cant do anything for him and he must help himself.yes,im a young girl but my father will always mean everything to me.NANCY i know how you feel and respect your solution but if he doesnt want to stop he isn't.
Im sorry to say it to you but i learnt the hard way!

I do wish you and your family all the best though!

Reply to helps_where_can
Posted by: a Friend | 2007/12/05

Lady, I had a similar problem with my son (19 years old). He also had a drinking problem. I waited one night, while he was intoxicated and driving and I phoned 10111 and reported him (Car Registration number) to the Police. They arrested him, he learned a lesson and is now back home and stopped drinking.

Reply to a Friend

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.