Posted by: billy | 2009/04/06

please help

Hi Doc,

i hope you will be able to help me, i want to go study as a clinical pshycologist, but i dont know where to start my studies. im not sure if one starts at the BPshyc degree or where and if i do apply at a university what should i apply for? i want to study part time as i need to work while im stydying i have a child that i need to look after.

i am 21 years old and for as long as i can remember i wanted to help others in the pshycology field, this is not a dream to make lots of money i really want to help others and i would like to start my own bussines in this field. I have been searching the web for weeks now and i still dont know where to start my studies. and will it be possible for me to get into a university to study clinical pshycology when i only have matric? i did not get exemption as i was under a lot of stress and had a child to look after while i was finishing matric, most of my subjects i scored between 50-60%, i scored 70% for economics and had one subject tha was under 40%, i had biology as a subject but didn' t have maths or sience will this be a problem? plaese help, this is my life long dream and now my time to help make a diffrence. will i be able to study wile working until i need to go do my internship? wht comes after i did my internship?

can you also help me on links where i can get step by step info on studying for this

thank you

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

I'd like to help, but I really can't keep up to date with the changing rules and practices of each faculty in each university and college. I know a number of ou regulars have been studying psychology, several at UNISA, and may well be able to advise you based on their recent experience. Check the websites of each university within reach of you, and especially UNISA.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.