Question
Posted by: J | 2008/01/24

please help !!!

Morning,
I have a very poor selfesteem and almost no selfconfidance.
But I decided that I would like 2008 to be a year of change. Can you please advise on workshops of selfhelp books to overcome this problems. I'm in Pretoria.
thank you

Firstly, congratulations on having had the sense and strength to make such a good decision ! There are loads of self-help books, which I haven't been able to review --- maybe other readers can comment on those they have found to be useful. I don't think workshops help much, especially considering their cost. Seeing a good local CBT therapist / counsellor would be most useful --- check with the Anxietyu/Depression support group ( number on this page, I think ) who list some of the CBT oriented therapists by region