Question
Posted by: ? | 2007/12/12

Please help

I am on Yasmin and i have always had this bleeding problem that Yasmin has sorted out. However, if i skip a pill the problem starts again and i bleed for a couple of weeks to a month or so. I skipped the pill yesterday cause my handbag went missing and now i am scared that the bleeding problem starts again. If it does, is there anything over the counter that i can take to stop the bleeding without a dr's prescription because my dr is out of town on holiday and only due to return next year.
Thank you!

Dear ?
You probably get breakthrough bleeds when the hormone level drops too low - get a new packet of Yasmin, take the pill you missed yesterday together with today's to keep the levels steady.
Dr BEts