Question
Posted by: LooLoo | 2007/12/11

please help!

I've been sick for 2 weeks now. but i dont feel any other symptoms of a cold but a constant cough. I went to the doctor last week and she gave me a cough medicine that seems to do the trick. Tussionex...it has made it so i dont cough constantly anymore..just a few times during the day and when I first lay down at night. My doctor said it looked like allergies mixed with a cold but if I was still coughing by today to call her. I called and she didnt talk to me herself but had a secretary just prescribed me antibiotics. Now should I take the antibiotics? Or just wait it out and see if I start feeling better by the end of the week? The reason I am so hesitant to take antibiotics is because they give me yeast infections and I'm not coughing nearly as much. But when I do cough I am still producing mucus. I don't wanna get a yeast infection for no reason if this is just a cold that needs time to run its course. Please give me advice I don't know what to do!!!

Dear Looloo
If the cough is better, the phlegm is not yellow, thick or green, you don't have fever, or a sore body, you probably can wait with the antibiotics.
If the cough persists and you could have had contact with someone with TB, or you have night sweats, weight loss or blood in the sputum, it may be a good idea to just go for a screening chest X/ray and sputum test.

1
Posted by: Nunu | 2008/04/18

I realy need help, I have blocked nose 24/7 and when i had had flu I often get green mucus and I breath with my mouth and that courses bad breath. The problem is that I get tight chest and get tired easly from not breathing well. I want to get rid of this.Another problem with the chest is that sometimes it feels itching and hot and the throat will be itching also, the ears will be dry.I have constipation. Ive tried to be a positive person because I thought all these are coursed by stress but it doesnt seem to go away.

Reply to Nunu