Question
Posted by: ANON | 2007/06/07

Please help

I'm nearly 30 years old dont want anymore children and have had endless problems with my periods hormones ect, have tried all the contraceptive methods pills what ever and they all had a negative side on me moodyness weightloss then gaining depression ect at this point in time the only thing I can think of is to have myself sterilised or a hysterectomy what is the neg and pos of the following 2 options Im also thinking of having the Mirena inserted but to scared.

Thank u

A Mirena is a great idea for you and all that it is is a an intra-uterine device that releases progesterone hormone locally into you uterus whidch then acts as both a contraceptive and it will prevent your abnormal bleeding. You will need counselling and a good understanding before having it inserted as it is a very expensive device.