Question
Posted by: CA | 2007/05/31

Please help

Good day Doc

I was sexually abused in a swimming pool when i was 5. I have been married for 1 and half years and only managed to have sex three times on my honeymoon, no sex since then. Oral sex is fine , just when it comes to penetrative sex i cant bring myself to do it. My husband does not deserve this and neither do i. I have been to see a psycologist, but it doenst seem to be help. the sexdoc did give me advice , but i cannot afford the procedure. I do know that its in my head, i just dont know how to overcome it
Please help. I know that my husband is on the verge of leaving me.

Dear CA,
This is so sad to read, especially as this problem could almost certainly be cleared up if you would see a good local psychologist for a full assessment and then therapy of the CBT form, which could free you to enjoy penetrative sex --- sounds like you may have seen the wrong sort of psychologist in the first place. Analysts one ought to flee from, but behaviourists usually work well. Check out on amazon.com ( and then seek the book through Kalahari or exclusivebooks, locally, for self-help books, which might help you to do some of the work yourself.

2
Posted by: rose | 2007/05/31

sweets he doesnt check the post again after he's answered. and he also cannot give contact details. maybe someone else can help you..

there's also a lifeline no top of page.
good luck!

Reply to rose
Posted by: CA | 2007/05/31

Thank you so much Dr. Where would i be able to find a behaviourist - i live in Centurion.

In the mean time i check for the books

Reply to CA