Question
Posted by: nicole | 2007/05/09

please help

hi doc

Ive been to the docter yesterday and he did and ultra sound and found a cyst in my uterus and he said that my uterus is turn upside down the doc said i should go on the pill called melodene and im so scared cos i dont know how to use the pill and if the pill doesnt remove the cyst then i have to go to the hospital to remove it and he said sometimes when the the uterus is turned upside down then u cant fall preganant.please advise me on whats really goin on

thanx nicole

Take things one step at a time and see what the Melodene does. You start with the first day of your period. The package insert usually has quite clear instructions. You probably have a retroverted uterus. 20% of women have this and it does not affect pregnancy.

2
Posted by: Ford | 2007/05/09

Hi Nicole
To use the pill is easy. You have to take it when u start menstruating. Most packs have 7 large pills and 21 small pills. The pills are also marked from monday to sunday. If you start to menstruate on a wednesday then you take the large pill marked wednesday. Unfortunately i can't say if it will help with the cyst cause luckily i haven't had problems before. Good luck

Reply to Ford
Posted by: chantell | 2007/05/09

I also have an inverted uterus, and I have fallen pregnant twice after being off the pill for less than a month. Apparantly if you have an inverted uterus you should lie on your tummy after having sex (if you are trying to fall pregnant). I did not do this so I have no idea if it works!

Reply to chantell