Question
Posted by: Cindy | 2006/11/05

please help

dear NH expert

i am exceptionally frustrated
for years i have suspected i have hypothyroidism, although my thryroid tests come back NORMAL every time!

I am a personal trainer, and have embarked on many weight loss plans(prescirbed by 6 different dieticians overthe past 8 years) in conjunction with sensible exercise plans, but have not seen any results. this has led me to chronic depression, as i feel an absolute sense of entrapment,and despair!!
i seem to have almost every single sypmtom., the inabilty to shed weight,as well as rapid,unexplained weight gain! the depression, the yellowness to my skin , the cold feet and hands (and the low body temperatur that i have tested at home many times) the tiredness, sluggishness, forgetfullness, inabilty to concentrate, the muscle weekness, the list goes on.
from my reaserch it seems as though there are so many reasons to not accuratly be diagnosed, from lab tests to doctors differing in what they consider is the 'normal' range!
I am currently seeing an endocrinoligist, with the same pattern yet again!" Thyroid is normal!!"! I am not imagining my syomtoms, they are very real and Very unexplainable! I am in desperate need of a doctor or somebody that has a more 'holistic approach'
who would cover every test...ie basal body temperature testing, TRH tests, antibody testing etc etc.....
Where do i start? what do i do? Who do i see?How do i find an endocrinolist or doctor or natural health expert with a more holistic approach? i am more then desperate and i would appreciate any help

Thank YOU!

Cindy

Expert ImageNatural health

test your temperature under your arm first thing in the morning for 4 daysj - before you even move from the bed. Get iodine (yellow colour) put under the ball of your foot with an earbud in evenings just before sleep. do for 4 days. If your temperature is below 36.4 and the iodine disappear you have a sluggish thyroid. the reference range is very wide for the blood test for thyroid.

let me know
dr debbie

1
Posted by: Jennifer | 2006/11/08

Hi Cindy
Couldn't help but read your letter. I can relate, I have hypothyroidism. Sometimes it does not come up on blood tests. I have heard of a method: the "Best" Computer based trigger point healing, which will show everything before it even comes up in a blood test. My mother's hypothyroidism was diagnosed with this method.
Good luck with your health!

Reply to Jennifer