Question
Posted by: Candy | 2005/11/22

Please HELP!!!!!!

I've been of the pill for about 8 monthes now and am trying to conceive.
I was on the pill for a year then went off waited 5 monthes then went on again and that's how it has been for the past two and a half years.
As I was saying I've been off the pill now for 8 monthes and I have intercourse very often about 4 -5 times a week but I can't manage to conceive.Is there anything I could take that could boost my ability or is there something wrong with me?And if anybody could perhaps tell me how long it takes to conceive?

Please please help I'm so deppressed and frustrated.

Thanx

Candy

Dear Candy

By definition, infertility is the inability to conceive after one year of unprotected intercourse. Perhaps you are in a bit too much of a hurry. I would recommend that you wait for at least another two months before becoming overly concern of the problem. Thereafter I would recommend a thorough investigation on both sides i.e your partner needs to be investigated as well. In the meantime, you can consider the use of ovulation monitoring kits so that you can document whether ovulation is indeed occurring.

Do not let the anxiety and depression become a major issue as this may adversley affect your chances of falling pregnant.