Question
Posted by: carol-ann | 2005/07/25

please help

thank you for writing back but can you please tell me how much these tests cost and the Docter gave me some pills to stop the pain in my back and also in my chest but sometimes it dos'nt work i also got Purbloka from the Docter to stop the high blood preasure and it also works for my heart but what can i use just to stop this ugly pains i can't take it any more do you please have advice for me

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Carol-Ann,

I do not know what the cardiologists in your area charge for the tests they do, but I’m sure your doctor could find out for you. The fee will vary according to whether you are a medical aid or private patient, and according to which tests will need to be done. Some tests provide more information that others, according to what the cardiologist thinks the problem might be.

How you need to approach this is to make an appointment to see a cardiologist, explain the problem to him, and let him evaluate you. He will then give you an opinion, suggest the appropriate tests, and can give you an idea of what it will all cost, then you can take it from there.

Please don’t stop the Purbloka, and do carry on with the pain pills unless you are having stomach pains. If that happens, please go straight back to your doctor and report it, as it could be significant, and you will need to be changed to other pain-pills to see you through until you can see the cardiologist.
Good luck.

HeartDoc