Question
Posted by: ME | 2005/01/11

Please help

Yesterday I got a sharp lower back pain while I was taking minutes in a meeting. When I finally got up me legs felt like lead. Later the afternoon I became aware of a smelly discharge. Last night when I got home, I was dead tired, my back still terribly sore and my feet swollen, also suffering from pain in my abdomen and in my legs. Today the discharge is much more smelly but the pain in my abdomen and back has subsided. I have not been sexually active for quite a while now and in 09/2004 my gynaecologist diagnosed me being in early menopause stages. I'm 37 years old. I also do not get my periods anymore.
In Dec 2003, I had a kidney stone removed and suffered a lot from inflamation afterwards. I drank some Citrus Soda last night to see if it will not help. Now I have a slight case of diarrea as well. Could you help me with this? I would really appreciate your comments/input.

Thank you.

I'm afraid I cannot make a diagnosis without examining you. You could have a kidney infection or gastro or some other problem. You would need to be assessed by a doctor.