Question
Posted by: Janine | 2004/03/12

Please help!!

I stopped the pil about a month ago.
I haven't got my normal period since then, only a brown discharge? What is this, and is this normal?

I am urgently looking for a good gynae in the pretoria/kempton park area. (female)

This is normal. Your cycle can be irregular for up to three months after stopping the Pill.
Check the Find a doctor secion on this site for names of doctors in your area.

4
Posted by: janine | 2004/03/12

I am seeing a gynae on monday morning, so i will let you girls know what it is, and if it's normal!

Reply to janine
Posted by: Judy | 2004/03/12

When i first started the pil i had that brown discharge of spotting, break-through bleeding for a month and my doctor said it is ok no need to worry. So i suppose you can have it when you stop taking the pill as well, as your body needs to re-adjust to its own hormones again. But for peace of mind, go see a gynie.

Reply to Judy
Posted by: Norma | 2004/03/12

When you stop using the pill your body is really mixedup, give it atleast 3 months to get back to normal. I don't know what the brown discharge could be, maybe your period.

Reply to Norma
Posted by: Jane | 2004/03/12

There is a really fantastic gynae at Pretoria East Hospital. Her details are:
Dr Mulder
012 998 4221
If she's in your area, I highly recommend her.

Reply to Jane