Question
Posted by: Nell | 2004/03/12

Please help

Hi Doc,

I was on provera in Jan for 10 days and got my period on Jan26 for 6 days this was prescribed by my GP who suggested I see a gynae. there after I went to see my gynae and he then placed me on metformin. Since then I've not had my period. I went to see him yesterday and he put me back on provera for 5 days and has instructed that on the 5 th day of my cycle to start taking Fertomid. Please advise on what this will do for me.

Thanks,
Nell

It seems that you are not ovulating. The Fertomid is given to induce ovulation. I presume that you are trying to fall pregnant.

3
Posted by: www | 2004/03/12

Hi Chick,

Clomid is medication prescribed by gynaecologists to people who do not ovulate and are trying to fall pregnant, since you cannot fall pregnant when you do not ovulate.

If you do, however, ovulate normally, then firstly your gynae won't prescribe it, and secondly, it won't make a difference to your chances to fall pregnant.

Reply to www
Posted by: Chick | 2004/03/12

Hey Wendy.

Clomid do you say helps with ovulatin and hopefully fall pregnant.

If you are ovulating can you still take that or do you not really need to.

Can you buy it in a normal shop like a chemist?

Reply to Chick
Posted by: Wendy | 2004/03/12

I think Fertomid is the same as Clomid and will induce ovulation. If you are trying for a baby then this will help you ovulate and hopefully fall pregnant.

Reply to Wendy