Question
Posted by: SAD | 2004/01/14

Please help

Please help I am having a lot of problems at home and I am 17 I work for a research company in administration I finished school at 16 and started working at the age of 15 and have had various jobs since but have now settled down at my current job my problem is the way I eat well should I say the way I dont I am never hungry lately and even when I am I dont eat because I am always busy working plus I never sleep so it makes it worse but the funny thing is I have boundless energy even though I dont sleep or eat I am currently seeing a phsychologist but its not working how long before my body breaks down and what will happen to me. Please help Im really worried

Expert ImageTeen expert

Hi SAD

Your body needs fuel. You will need 2 force yourself 2 eat or start drinking protien shakes, that you get some nutrients back in your body.

If you have problems with your therapist, perhaps you should concider seeing someone else. You will need to prioritize your problems and try and make a constant effort 2 address them.

I firstly want you to at least drink shakes twice or three times a day to get some energy. This will help you to concentrate and to give some will power to make a change and start addressing your sadness.

T

1
Posted by: joey | 2004/01/19

Dear Sad

No job is worth having to lose your health over...take time off to give your body and mind a rest. Put in leave for a while..and not one day here and two days there...that won't work. Seriously take time off.
Your body's already starting to break down. You're not a robot, and even if you were, even robots need time off to function properly. By allowing yourself to go through this, you're actually hampering your productivity in the long run as well as placing yourself under a lot of stress. Don't think that the company can't function when you're not there...they've managed before you started working there.

Reply to joey