Question
Posted by: Angel - - origanal | 2005/06/29

please give me some advise all the regular people with experience....

Dear Gynea doc,

I need serious advise and also the ladies that has got a insulin problem.
I whent to my normal house doc yesterday, he said that a woman that is ttc is not aloud to use any metformin or glucophage he also said that provera is like the 3 month contraceptive injection and is not good for you. I have been to 4 gyneas who each has put me on provera to start my period and then they all said i must use glucophage to controll my insulin. then i should use clomidds, i have been tested that only 1 pill does not work for me so i used a double dose i fell pregnant but m/c. now this doc of yesterday said that i must use only a half pill of clomidds. Please help who should i believe and should i stay with my gynea or should i try what my house doc says. please give me some advise, and is it really bad if you use glucophage when pregnant or ttc ?

Your doctor is incorrect. Metformin should be taken if you have insulin resistance. It can assist with ovulation if you are trying to conceive. I'd suggest you stick with a gynaecologist.

6
Posted by: Angel--Origanal | 2005/06/29

Thank you for all the advise i also think i should stay with my gynea . Can anyone tell me what product of fertiboost is the best to use?

Reply to Angel--Origanal
Posted by: Nix | 2005/06/29

I was put on glucophage by my fertility specialist as i was told without it, my chances of conceiving would be reduced. I was on it when I fell pregnant and was told to keep taking it until 12 weeks. Baby and I are doing fine now at 18wks.

Stick with your gynae's advice as he knows best with regards to fertility and conceiving

Reply to Nix
Posted by: Shmegal | 2005/06/29

Stick with your Gynae. A Gynae is more qualified than a GP. I've used Provera and 100mg of Clomid and fell pregnant.

Reply to Shmegal
Posted by: Desperate | 2005/06/29

I have been taking glucophage for almost 4 months now. Been told to use until first trimester but still trying to fall pregnant so haven't reached that stage yet. I would suggest staying with your gynae as they are more specialised. Phone and talk to him/her and get all the details you need.

Reply to Desperate
Posted by: JA | 2005/06/29

Stick to your gynae. Fell pregnant twice after using provera.

xxx

Reply to JA
Posted by: Kelly | 2005/06/29

Angel, my opinion, stick to your gynae. A gynae knows more about women issues than a normal G.P. I used glucophage and nothing happened to me and I even used it in my first trimester of my pregnancy and there is still nothing wrong with me or the twins. Maybe hear what the Gynaedoc and the other ladies have to say about it.

Kelly

Reply to Kelly